- In February, 1992, four students led by deacon Samuel Odame began having weekly afternoon prayer meetings.
- In may 1992, PENSA, ATU was established as the first denomination body on campus.
- In December 1993, Deacon Samuel Odame constituted the first Executive of PENSA, ATU made up of seven (7) members.
- Appointment of Eld. Michael Okae-Addow (Building and Civil Engineering Department) as PENSA, ATU patron in December 1993
ESTABLISHMENT OF PENSA, ATU
- Friday morning services began in January 1994 at the Refectory (Old Auditorium).
- In February 1994, the first major programme of PENSA, ATU was held through a 5-days Revival of the entire Technical University Community under the theme, ‘in these times’.
- Thursday morning prayer meetings was instituted with first meeting held on 12th March 1994 form 7.00 to 8.00 am.
- On 7th April 1994, a general meeting was held with sixteen members to discuss general issues bordering on structures, procedures, etc.
CONSOLIDATING OUR ESTABLISHMENT
- First-ever Handing-over and induction ceremony held on 21st May 1994 with Evangelist Peter Ayerakwa (Pentyem Director) and Elders Dr. S.A Arthur, Kwaku Boateng and J.K Mensah all of PIWC-Accra in attendance. The Executive was then expanded from seven to nine by adding assistant organizing secretary and executive member.
- PENSA, ATU Constitution was officially promulgated on 18th June 1994.
- PENSA, ATU wins an award from the SRC as the best organized group on campus in 1995.
CRISIS PERIOD AND ITS MANAGEMENT
- PENSA, ATU began experiencing leadership crisis due to absence of president and vice (February 1995).
- Formation of interim Executive committee was formed in April 1996 to steer PENSA out of the crisis. A 2-Day Revival was held was held with PENSA –Legon with 160 student’s participation.
- PENSA, ATU was officially inaugurated and induction of 5th Executive on 7th June 1997 by Eld. Daniel Tackie (Deputy Regional Youth Leader) on behalf of Rev. Steve Millar (Regional youth Leader)
- 3rd Handing-Over and induction ceremony and dedication of first set of equipment of 24th July 1998 (Keyboard, Peavey Combo and microphones) by youth Director, Rev. D.K Noble Atsu.
- In September 1997, PENSA, ATU instituted its participation in Sunday church services at PIWC-Accra and Merrivillas District as well as other fellowships on campus.
- Launching of 10th Anniversary Celebrations of PENSA, ATU at the reading room with Hon, (Eld) Samuel Ofosu – Ampofo as Chairman and Aps. D.K. Noble –Atsu (Youth Director) as Guest Speaker in January 2003 with the dedication of first PENSA 22-seater bus.
- PENSA, ATU holds its first Sunday service at the reading room on 13th January 2002.
BASIS OF FAITH
THE BIBLE: We believe in the divine inspiration and authority of the Holy Scriptures.
That the BIBLE is infallible in its declaration, final in its authority,all-sufficient in its provisions and comprehensive in its sufficiency. (2 Tim.3:16; 2Pet,1:21).
THE ONE TRUE GOD: We believe in the existence of the One True God, Elohim , Maker of the whole universe: indefinable, but revealed as the Triune Godhead – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – One in nature, essence and attributes , Omnipotent , Omniscient and Omnipresent.
(Gen. 1:1, Matt: 3:16 -17: 2Cor. 13: 14:Matt. 28:19:(Gen.1:26).
MAN’S DEPRAVED NATURE: We believe that “all men have sinned and come short of the Glory of the God “; and are subject to eternal punishment “and need repentance and regeneration. (Gen.3:1-19” Isa . 53 : 6)
THE SAVIOUR : We believe man’s need of a saviour has been met in the person of CHRIST JESUS because of his deity , virgin birth , sinless life , atoning death ,resurrection and ascension , His abiding intercession and second coming ( john 8: 46 , 14: 30 ; Col . 1:15 ; 2Cor. 5: 19 ; Rom.3 : 25 ;Act 2: 36; Phil. 2: 9-11; 1Thess. 4: 16;Rev. 22: 20)
REPENTANCE,JUSTIFICATION, SANCTIFICATION: We believe all men have to repent of and confess their sins before God, and believe on the vicarious death of Christ Jesus before they can be justified before God. we believe in the sanctification of the believer through the working
of the Holy Spirit, and in God’s gift of eternal life to the believer. (Acts 2:28; Luke 15:7;Rom, 4:25; 5:16; 1Cor .1:3; 1 Thess. 4:3).
THE SACRAMENTS OF BAPTISM AND THE LORD’S
SUPPER:We believe in the sacrament of baptism by immersion as a testimony of a convert who has attained a responsible age of,say, fifteen (15) years (Luke 3:21; Mark 16:16). (Infants and children are not baptized but are dedicated to the Lord); (Luke 2:22 &34; Mark 10:16). We believe in the sacrament of the
Lord‘s Supper, which should be partaken by all members who are in full fellowship. (Luke 2:19-20; Matt. 26:21-
BAPTISM, GIFTS AND FRUIT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT :
We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit for believers signs following : and in the operation of the gifts and the fruit of the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers ( 1Cor .12 : 8-11 ; Mark 16 : 17 ; Acts 2:24 ).
THE SECOND COMING AND THE NEXT LIFE: We believe in the Second coming of Christ and the resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved. They that are saved, to the resurrection of life; and the unsaved, to the resurrection of damnation. ( John 5:28-29 ; Daniel 12: 2 ;Rom.2:7;6:23; John 1:1-2)
TITHES AND OFFERINGS: We believe in the tithing and in the giving of freewill offerings towards the cause of the carrying forward the kingdom of God. We believe that God blesses a cheerful giver (Mal.3:10; Heb .7:1-4; Luke 6:38; Acts 20: 35).
- PRAYER FEST
- OVERCOMERS’ NIGHT
- PRAISE EXPLOSION
- LADIES AND GENTS WEEK
- RHEMA CONFERENCE
- ALUMNI HOMECOMING
- FRESHER’S WEEK
- COUNSELLING WEEK